Contract Position at Tewksbury Hospital, Department of Public Health (36 hrs/wk):
Tewksbury Hospital is seeking a licensed clinical psychologist to join the Department of Public Health (DPH) Psychology Department. DPH Psychologists provide a wide array of interventions across seven inpatient medical rehabilitation units for patients with complex medical conditions. Applicants with special interest in working with individuals with developmental disabilities are encouraged to apply. Other populations served include individuals with Huntington’s Disease, traumatic/acquired brain injury, substance use disorders, dementia, among other neurological and physical disorders. Psychological services include consultation to interdisciplinary treatment teams, individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, behavior support planning, and neuropsychological, psychological, and medical decision making capacity assessment. Tewksbury Hospital houses an APA accredited internship with three interns yearly; prospective applicants must have interest in training committee involvement and supervision of doctoral level interns.
· Consultant on DPH treatment teams for medically involved patients with serious mental illness, developmental disability, substance use disorder, traumatic brain injury, and other mental health concerns
· Provide individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and crisis intervention with high-risk patients
· Conduct psychological assessment, risk assessment, and assessment of medical decision making capacity- as well as provide feedback and recommendations to patients and caregivers/teams
· Prepare and maintain records of consultations, initial evaluations, treatment plans, psychotherapy progress notes, behavioral plans, psychological and neuropsychological assessment reports and other records of clinical activities
· Serve as faculty and supervisor for Tewksbury Hospital’s American Psychological Association Doctoral Internship Program
· Applicants must have a doctorate-level degree in Psychology from an APA-Accredited program.
· Applicants must have a valid Psychologist license to practice in Massachusetts.
Please send a letter of interest and CV to the following email:
Tanya Pospisil, PhD
Director of Psychology
Director of Training
Department of Public Health